Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sometimes You Just Can't Stem A Flood

The flood gates have reopened and I can't stop spitting out project ideas that I will soon be working on and killing myself with. Here is a little preview. If you have any ideas that you think would be helpful to me making these things or if you make music (cough...Ben Michaelis...cough) and want to help me with a soundtrack, let me know.

#1:Paint
I have another anti-individualism series. The groundwork is already lain, I might even have help from my roommate, Curt. The series involves painting fruit the same color as a background taking pictures of the work and then painting from that picture. The paintings would be displayed with photos of the process in either the form of a production book or hung on walls.

#2:Page
I really want to write a series of short reinterpretations of Roman myths and/or history. I think this would be a just for fun kind of thing and so is the lowest priority.

#3:Animation
The third idea I've had will probably end up being my final piece for EAT, (Experimental Animation Techniques) the class I am taking this summer. It is an animation of a cutout squid traveling through a progressively more strange and uncomfortable world. Starting out in a tropical ocean wonderland and ending up on the evening news or something ridiculous like that. I think that it'll end up being the most fun out of all of these works. I'm excited.

No comments: